Advertisements

Will Disney announce the delay of The Falcon and Winter Soldier during their earnings call?

By Stephen Ippolito | May 2nd, 2020

It’s no secret that the Walt Disney Company is struggling because of the Coronavirus pandemic. With their parks closed and no sporting events or movies playing, ESPN and their film studios are being hit hard economically. On Tuesday, the company will release its quarterly earnings and hold a conference call to go over in more detail. Expected to be their most important call in recent memory, CEO Bob Chapek will discuss when parks will be able to reopen and the status of film and TV productions. He will likely also reiterate delays for all upcoming films and perhaps tell us new delays, which is where The Falcon and Winter Soldier come in.

In April, Disney announced that nearly all of the MCU’s Phase 4 film slate had been pushed back. What they did not announce is if any of Marvel Studios’ upcoming shows for Disney+ will also be pushed. The Falcon and Winter Soldier is slated to be the first show to hit the streamer in August.

All upcoming Marvel Studios’ shows for Disney+

 Like every production in Hollywood, shooting is currently on hold. Last week one of the stars of the series, Sebastian Stan, said that shooting was not finished when the halt occurred. Stan would also say there were about 2-3 weeks left of filming. With no sight of when filming will resume, it’s tough to see how the show will be ready in time. In fact, after shooting, editing, adding special effects, and more, it seems impossible. This is why I think Tuesday might be the day we find out it’s being delayed.

By no means do I think the studio wants to do this. Right now, numbers for Disney+ and every other streaming service are booming. Stay at home orders has everyone glued to their TVs, wanting something to keep them busy. What should be one of their biggest draws of the year, Disney wants the show to drive numbers up even further. But like I said, it’s just impossible, and I’m sure Disney does not want Marvel’s first show to be a bust.

This would not be the first time that MCU news broke during a quarterly earnings call. In fact, the last call in February, then CEO Bob Iger broke the news that the show was going to debut in August. Over the years, there have also been many stories broken from these reports, so it could happen. Well, until Tuesday afternoon at around 4:30pm ET, will just have to wait and see.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

[mc4wp_form id="69"]
%d bloggers like this: