WandaVision’s Elizabeth Olsen says filming for Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness has paused

By Stephen Ippolito | January 6th, 2021

Last night actress Elizabeth Olsen went on Jimmy Kimmel Live to promote WandaVision, which will premiere on Disney+ a week from Friday. During her interview she revealed some not so good news about another Marvel Studios project she’s been filming for the last month in the UK, Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness.

Olsen said that because of rising cases of COVID-19 in the country, production for the Doctor Strange sequel has halted.

“Since the hospitals are overwhelmed here, we can’t go back to work until that calms down,” Olsen said. “So just safely hanging out here, and really grateful I get to be working. Disney has kept me busy during quarantine.”

The pandemic has really hit England hard recently. On Monday, British Prime Minister Boris Johnson imposed another national lockdown to help try and slow down the spread. While studios have been given permission to keep filming, it seems Disney is playing it safe and decided on their own to pause production.

Advertisements

There’s no telling how this will affect the movie’s release date. The film has already been delayed twice, so hopefully, there won’t be a third. The lockdown itself is expected to be in place until Mid-February. But that doesn’t mean shooting for the Phase 4 film won’t begin until then. 

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness is being directed by Sam Raimi. At the moment, it’s slated to hit theaters on March 25, 2022.

Check out Elizabeth Olsen’s full interview on Jimmy Kimmel Live below:

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

[mc4wp_form id="69"]
%d bloggers like this: