Spider-Man producer Amy Pascal says Sony and Marvel Studios will make a new film trilogy starring Tom Holland

By Stephen Ippolito | November 29th, 2021

If you thought Tom Holland’s time as Peter Parker/Spider-Man was coming to an end, think again. In an interview with Fandango, Spider-Man franchise producer Amy Pascal announced that Sony Pictures and Marvel Studios will make a new trilogy of films that will star Tom Holland.

“This is not the last movie that we are going to make with Marvel – [this is not] the last Spider-Man movie,” Pascal stated. “We are getting ready to make the next Spider-Man movie with Tom Holland and Marvel, it just isn’t part of.. we’re thinking of this as three films, and now we’re going to go onto the next three. This is not the last of our MCU movies”. She concluded by noting, “Marvel and Sony are going to keep going together as partners.”

The news is certainly a sigh of relief for MCU fans who love Holland’s Spider-Man. Earlier this month, the British actor said it might be “time to move on” from the character. Clearly, Sony and Marvel were not ready to break up the band and let Holland walk away.

The news is also great for fans fearing that the next installment in the franchise would not take place in the MCU. In August 2019, Sony and Disney famously announced their split and that the third Spider-Man film (now titled No Way Home) would not take place in the MCU. Obviously, the two sides would patch things up, and now it seems that they will be working together for years to come.

As for the next trilogy of Spider-Man films, they will likely be very different from the last three. For one, director Jon Watts will not be back as he’s set to take his talents to the Fantastic Four. Two, given Holland’s and Parker’s age, they will likely exit the High School setting. Finally, I wouldn’t be surprised if this paves the way for a live-action Miles Morales.

Tickets for Spider-Man: No Way Home are on sale now. You can catch it in theaters on December 17.


Update:

According to The Hollywood Reporter’s Aaron Couch, there is no official deal in place between Sony and Marvel Studios to continue making Spider-Man films together.

Sony insiders note though the studio has a strong relationship with Holland and Feige and hopes to continue their collaboration, there are no official plans for a trilogy at this phase.

I wouldn’t read that much into this. There’s no way Pascal says what she said without knowing that its 100% happening.

If I had to guess, it probably just means that no deal has been written and signed by both sides yet. I guarantee that there is some kind of verbal agreement between both parties that they will continue to work together.

My Top 5 Favorite Quotes In The MCU

1 thought on “Spider-Man producer Amy Pascal says Sony and Marvel Studios will make a new film trilogy starring Tom Holland

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

[mc4wp_form id="69"]
%d bloggers like this: