Advertisements

Rumor that Beyonce was in talks to appear in Black Panther 2 has been debunked

By Stephen Ippolito | June 11, 2020

Well, it looks like another online MCU rumor has been debunked. Yesterday a report that began with The Sun said that Beyonce was in talks to sign a $100 Million deal with Disney to appear in three movies.  One of those movies would be Marvel Studios’ upcoming Black Panther 2. The report seemed logical because she recently worked with the studio when she appeared in last year’s live-action remake of The Lion King.

Now it appears that this story has been proven inaccurate by a reliable source. Matt Donnelly, a senior writer at Variety, tweeted yesterday that Beyonce is not on her way to the MCU.

Now he did say that she “likely” will appear in a Disney movie again sometime down the line. But whether that’s for Marvel Studios remains to be seen.

Always be careful what you read on the web with reports related to the MCU. With Black Widow delayed, news has been slow coming down the lines, so outlets are desperate for attention and clicks. Unless the story is coming from The Hollywood Reporter or Variety, always have in the back of your mind that the story could be inaccurate. Almost every time I post a rumored story from less known outlets, I try to put a note at the end that says, “there’s a chance that this story could not be accurate.”

So be careful out there MCU fans.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

[mc4wp_form id="69"]
%d bloggers like this: